To view our Statement of Purpose please click here.
Compass Fostering aims to:
- provide services that improve the self-esteem, confidence, life chances, achievements and placement stability of the young people placed with us.
- ensure fostering carers and their families receive professional guidance, support and training as appropriate to help them fulfil their roles as easily and effectively as possible
- support Local Authorities by designing and providing services that meet local need and promote young people’s integration into their local communities and networks.
We expect to be judged by our record of stable placements and by measurable improvements in all outcomes for the children placed with us, including:
- outcomes for children and young people
- safeguarding children and young people
- quality service delivery
- overall effectiveness
- leadership and management
Compass Fostering strives to continue to be recognised and respected by all our partners and stakeholders (local authorities (LAs), carers, staff, children and Ofsted) for the high standard of our work, the professional expertise of staff and carers, our partnership approach and aspirations for the children we care for. We subscribe to principles of social enterprise and undertake to develop a sustainable company and extend fostering in terms of skills and innovation. We offer good rewards and development opportunities for carers and staff who have responsibility for their own practice.