Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people?
Are you an enthusiastic administrator looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a progressive children’s service with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join our successful team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
You will work from our Syston office; however, you may be required to travel in your role to support the business within your region, which can be for a variety of reasons including office cover, training and meetings.
We are looking for a committed member of the team who would like to work within a children’s service offering fostering, residential and education services to children and young people. You will:
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Represent Compass Fostering Vision and Values, whilst developing and providing a comprehensive and flexible administration service to all stakeholders.
- Have a willingness to understand fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attend meetings as required and ensure accurate minutes/notes are produced.
- Be able to answer incoming telephone calls in a professional and friendly manner.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel and have a willingness to learn the use of our in-house databases.
- Have an ability to work under pressure and priorities your workload whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Previous administrative experience is preferred for this role.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.