MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Under the direction of the Commercial Manager and Senior Commercial Officer, to take a supporting role in commercial activities across our organisation. This includes coordinating contract/framework tender opportunities and post-award contract management support, as well as working with internal and external stakeholders regarding fees and customer engagement.
The post holder will work as part of the Compass Commercial Team covering all child care services associated with contracts and frameworks (Foster Care, Residential, Education, and Therapeutic). Team members will be expected to have a broad knowledge across all commissioning and contract activity whilst helping to develop internal systems, processes and template documentation to ensure they support colleagues in the tendering for new services and compliance with existing contracts.
- Manage the busy Commercial inbox, supporting and communicating with relevant parties where appropriate
- Manage the profile upkeep and correspondence via various Tender and Contract portals
- Co-ordinate incoming framework and contract opportunities, which includes new tender opportunities and contract re-openings / refreshes. This includes extracting key information about newly published tender opportunities
- Support the Senior Commercial Officer in ensuring that all Tenders are applied for on time and to a high standard. This will include project planning and support to business department heads with pre-tender application information
- A forward-looking approach for managing future contract renewals and tender opportunities
- To prepare and disseminate Contract information to other departments post-Tender Award.
- Contract management; ongoing development to the existing contract management to include detailed understanding of Contract specifics by extracting contract information to prepare simple, easy to understand documents for operational leads. Also includes updates to Contracts in regards to any changes e.g. new Compass services or Ofsted updates
- Support with gathering information which enables the team, and business at large to understand Local Authority market demand and activity
- Preparation of Customer Information packs for the business to share ahead of local authority meetings
- Support with coordination and administration of fee reviews and placement support packages
- Accurately maintain internal contract monitoring and compliance systems, and to support with the future development of these systems and processes
- Be a point of contact for other departments to answer queries, provide support and advice in relation to our contracts, frameworks and fees
- To provide support in respect of the Individual Placement Agreements (IPA) and Service Level Agreements processes and activities across the services, as required
- To provide accurate data as required for data monitoring returns, Ofsted datasets etc.
- To coordinate and distribute data for discussion within management conference calls
- Report preparation and attendance at meetings as directed, both internal and external
- To contribute to the development and preparation of documents as part of the Commercial Team’s Standard Operating Procedures
- To work within the provisions of the Data Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken.
- To be an effective advocate for Compass, promoting a positive image to maintain our high standards and positive reputation.
- The post holder will be expected to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices and all other policies within the employee handbook.
- Ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures, throughout all work within the Company.
- The nature of the agency business means that tasks and responsibilities are sometimes unpredictable. Staff are therefore expected to work flexibly when the occasion arises.
- Travel to other Compass Community offices will be required on occasion.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.