Are you passionate about making a positive, lasting difference to children and young people’s lives?
We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced administrator to join our Compass Fostering family. Collectively we are committed to deliver high quality focused services for children, young people and support our foster parents to do this too, and we all contribute to making this happen.
We are seeking an experienced Administrator to work as an integral part of a fast paced HR Team. The successful candidate will need to possess a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to use initiative to prioritise workloads. They will need to be able to remain calm when under pressure when managing the day-to-day tasks and competing priorities. The ideal candidate will have previous administrative experience, HR experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our core HR processes and providing administrative support.
- Auditing and maintaining HR personnel files to ensure compliance with our internal policy, legal and regulatory obligations.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that HR documentation is obtained, quality assured and updating and maintaining electronic files and our HRIS ‘Compass People’.
Skills, qualifications and/or experience required:
- Fully IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Email, Word, Excel) and fully conversant with the internet
- Attention to detail
- Good written English and basic numeracy, together with good general education are required.
- Ability to compose clear, accurate and concise documents.
- Competent typing abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including telephone skills)
- Team player, able to work well with others and supportive of company objectives
- Personal leadership, self-awareness, self-confidence, self-motivation, ability to take initiative and ability to cope with high workloads and competing priorities.
The benefits of joining Compass Fostering
We are looking for applicants who share our vision and values and who truly believe in the principles of excellent social work and inclusivity.
In return for this, we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and birthday leave.
- Excellent opportunities for career development in our growing service.
- Team days out and staff engagement activity days.
- Access to Perkbox, including exclusive perks, freebies and discounts.
- Wellbeing of our staff is vital; you will have access to the Employee Assist Programme.
Our recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be offered a role subject to satisfactory references and pre-employment checks. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.