We are seeking an experienced administrator to work alongside the Head of Fostering and Ops manager as a Compliance and Support Services Manager within a very busy and expanding team. You will need to possess excellent communication skills and the capability to use your initiative and work under pressure covering day-to-day tasks to enable the smooth running of the office. Experience of an independent fostering agency would be advantageous but not essential.
You will attend meetings as required and ensure accurate and appropriate notes are produced.
Your role will include accurate typing and delivery of reports and trackers, data and correspondence, answering incoming calls and queries and supervision of a small, but growing team.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are paramount for this role, with the ability to prioritise your workload and remain calm when under pressure.
Skills, qualifications and/or experience required
- Fully IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Email, Word, Excel) and fully conversant with the internet
- Good written English and basic numeracy, together with good general education are required.
- Minute taking experience is preferably but training will be given.
- Ability to compose clear, accurate and concise documents (including statistical information)
- Competent typing abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including telephone skills)
- Team player, able to work well with others and supportive of company objectives
- Maturity, self-awareness, self-confidence, self-motivation, ability to take initiative, personal authority, sense of humour, creativity, ability to cope with stress, conscientiousness, persistence, care and warmth
- Ability to offer the appropriate respect to others
- Avoidance of discriminatory behaviour or language
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.