Compass Community is a national children’s services provider looking after around 1,700 children and young people across our Fostering, Residential and Education Services. We provide child-centred services that make a lasting difference to vulnerable children’s lives.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative content writer to join our expanding marketing team. The role will involve planning, writing, and distributing content across our six websites. You will need to have the ability to be forward thinking and be able to find new ways to keep our website engaging, useful and accessible to our various audiences. Knowledge of writing in an SEO context would be very useful along with adapting tone and style to suit our readers’ understanding.
You will be working closely with the wider creative team to plan and create wider campaigns for our main services, meaning you’ll be able to put forward your own ideas and really put your stamp on your work. Speed of writing is also essential with the need for social listening content pieces being turned around with short deadlines.
- Writing and posting a high volume of engaging and relevant articles, web pages, email and print marketing.
- Able to conduct research in a thorough and methodical way in order to produce credible content.
- Keep existing content updated and evergreen across each of our websites.
- Self-editing and proofreading to ensure excellent quality standards.
- Responsible for content / use of carer area on Fostering System – to ensure content is relevant, current and is being used by our foster carers.
- 2 years’ experience in content writing, copywriting, or a similar role
- Degree in English, Media, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Flawless written English with spotless grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence, challenge and manage expectations of stakeholders
- The ability to deliver high quality content to strict deadlines
- The ability to adapt your writing style to different audiences
- Be a creative thinker who’s not afraid to put forward ideas
- Have knowledge of children’s services with a focus on foster care
- Good time-management skills and prioritisation skills (the post-holder needs to be able to work across several projects simultaneously)
- The ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
What we can offer you
- Access to discounts, deals an offers through Perkbox
- Win up to £150pm in our monthly REACH awards
- Quarterly team days out
- Additional day leave for your birthday
- Clear progression through to management roles
- Flexbile working patterns, with the ability to work from home
Please upload a copy of your CV and attach a covering letter providing detailed evidence and examples of how you meet the person specification.
Bringing a portfolio/example of your work to interview will be advantageous.