We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, friendly and supportive Credit Control Supervisor to join our Finance team in Leicestershire.
The role will lead and operate the credit control function for all Compass group companies. The role will be responsible for a number of company ledgers and maximising the collection of overdue funds.
- Ensure timely and accurate receipt of customer payments
- Supervise and manage one credit controller
- Support the distribution of accurate invoices and credit notes to customers on a timely basis
- Manage up to 3 company ledgers, ensuring key accounts are reconciled, billing queries and corrections are identified and communicated to the wider finance team for action
- Reconciliation and posting of remittances
- Ensuring debtor days are kept at or below specified targets
- Coordinate customer information updates for all companies, ensuring that customer master data is updated
- Support the credit controller with escalation of unresolved queries
- Reporting to the financial controller and CFO on outstanding debts
Other Finance administrative tasks as required to cover for other finance staff and other ad-hoc duties as required.
Experience and Abilities:
The role requires previous experience of working within a similar role, of leading and supervising a credit control function. You will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good telephone manner
- High standard of numeracy and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and direct workload so that deadlines are met.
- Solutions focused and driven
A CICM qualification is desirable
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.