We are looking for an enthusiastic Family Finding Officer to work within our busy Placements Team, which is an integral part of the Compass Community.
The role is busy and varied and you will be managing a wide range of tasks including the efficient receipt and response to child referrals, involving the reading and exploring referral requests and discussing potential care options with foster carers and social work teams, identifying and preparing individual packages of care for children (with the support of a Duty Social Worker), data inputting and updating systems, liaising with local authorities, attending meetings, daily administrative tasks and be in daily contact with many different stakeholders both internally and externally to the organisation.
On a day to day basis;
- You will unpick and clarify information on child referrals received from Local Authorities and discuss this in detail with foster carers. You will identify and co-ordinate all placement moves, including any inhouse moves, respite and preparing individual packages of care.
- You will actively promote foster carers and other relevant services to customers – sending out regular updates whilst also maintaining active telephone communication and building positive customer relationships.
- Liaise with the commercial team and external commissioning teams in respect of negotiating funding and individual placement contract agreements.
- Data inputting skills are required as is the ability to audit and maintain quality data.
Skills and experience required:
- Great Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Previous placements / commissioning experience or experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience of utilising a range of IT packages and updating / inputting into database systems.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and work within tight deadlines
- Good organizational, team working and logistical skills
- A proven track record in working to targets
Previous experience of working in a similar sector / environment would be desirable but is not essential. This position may require the post-holder to occasionally work beyond office hours when the demands of the service require it and occasional travel.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer
- Competitive annual leave, up to 28 days in addition to statutory Bank Holidays
- Additional day’s leave for your birthday
- Health and Wellbeing Days leave
- Group Life Assurance
- Access to discounts, deals and offers through Perkbox
- Clear progression through to management roles
- Enhanced Paternity Pay
- Win up to £150pcm in our monthly REACH awards
- Team Days
- Staff and Carer recruitment recommendation bonus
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment, we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.