We are looking to recruit 2 highly motivated, friendly and supportive Finance Assistants to join our Finance team in Loughborough.
The role will assist the Assistant Management Accountant and Financial Controller in the financial processing of several elements of Compass Community finances, predominantly related to our Fostering services and support the wider finance function as required.
1 role will be full time, 1 role will be 22.5 hours per week, with potential for overtime.
- Carer payment processing:
- Accounts Payable processing including;
- Sales invoice processing:
- Other Finance administrative tasks as required to cover for other finance staff and other ad-hoc duties as required.
– Raise of accurate weekly/fortnightly/monthly foster carer payments
– Processing of carer expense claims, ensuring these have been appropriately authorised and are in line with compass policies
– processing supplier invoices in the correct group company,
– ensuring accurate ledger coding,
– ensuring invoices are authorised & paid in accordance with group policies,
– ensuring regular supplier statement reconciliations are performed and supplier queries are dealt with efficiently.
– Raising of accurate monthly invoicing to Local Authorities
– Correction of billing errors as advised
– Liaising with Local authorities to ensure that all necessary information is in place to ensure invoices will be paid in a timely manner (Purchase Orders, References etc)
Experience and Abilities:
The role requires previous experience of working within a finance team environment or similar role, experience of processing accounts payable, and self-invoicing to suppliers would also be desirable.
Individuals that will be considered for role must be organised and be able to communicate effectively, both internally & externally. You should be able to work as part of a team, whilst also using your initiative and raising any concerns or issues to the relevant person.
Experience with Sage 50 accounts would also be desirable as well as high competency with MS Excel.