Under the direction of the Finance Director, and within a supported framework, to take ownership of all aspects relating to financial planning and analysis within the organization. This includes budgeting and forecasting, decision support and special projects such as process optimization and market research.
The role currently includes direct line management for a team of 1 data analysts who will support in these tasks.
The post holder will work as part of the Compass Commercial Team covering all child care services (Foster Care, Residential and Education).
To be successful in the role candidates are expected to have strong commercial acumen and business partnering skills as well as excellent analytical skills.
What we are looking for in a Senior Commercial Finance Manager:
- Budgeting and Forecasting;
- Take ownership of annual budgeting processing
- Develop and improve the existing forecasting process
- Decision Support:
- Ensure monthly management information across all child care services (Foster Care, Residential and Education) are completed within month end deadlines
- Create meaningful analysis of historical financials and KPI’s in order to drive change in the organization
- Utilise team to prepare and complete ad-hoc data requests where required
- Process Optimisation:
- Lead project on Power BI reporting implementation
- Driving improvements in refining and developing sustainable management information in a simple end user friendly way
- Improve Customer Information packs for customer relationship meetings between operations and Local Authorities ensuring these are prepared and used effectively in meetings
- Identify and resolve workflow inefficiencies
- Market Research; Review and interpret external market analysis for wider distribution in the organisation
If you feel that you fit the criteria above please apply now and we look forward to receiving your application.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment, we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.