Do you want to work for a progressive children’s service with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person, that is reflective and creative in practice to join our learning and development administration team. Working collaboratively with key stakeholders you will ensure that the administration service is solution focused, responsive and effective in delivering a wide range of learning and training opportunities to all its’ learners.
The postholder must be driven by high performance, quality and offer an efficient and effective administrative service. Aligned with the Compass Vision and values and working closely with the Learning & Development manager, this post offers a great opportunity to review current systems, processes and way of working and shape the service to make a difference to our learner’s journey.
Key duties will include:
- Line manage L&D administration team
- Coordinate learning and development activities across the group
- Support with managing, organising and updating relevant data using a mix of database applications.
- Produce statistical information and reports.
- Develop the effectiveness and efficiency of the service.
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Represent Compass Community’s Vision and Values, whilst embracing a comprehensive learning ethos to the Compass Community.
- Have a willingness to understand and discuss educational and qualification based information and topics.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and have a willingness to learn the use of our in-house databases.
- Have an ability to work under pressure and priorities your workload whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Previous managerial or social care setting administration experience would be advantageous.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.