We are seeking HR Support Advisor to work as an integral part of a very busy and expanding team. We are a progressive independent agency, providing children’s services centred around residential, fostering, education and therapeutic care with a clear focus on making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
Experience working in social care or a similar organisation would be advantageous but not essential.
In your role you will
- Work as part of a busy HR function, delivering an excellent service to our customers.
- Provide advice to managers and employees and respond to queries.
- Support our core HR processes e.g. managing exit / leaver process, new joiner touch point calls, Occupational Health referrals, supporting short and long term sickness.
- Maintain HR personnel files to ensure compliance with our internal policy, legal and regulatory obligations.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that HR documentation is obtained, and updating and maintaining electronic files and our HRIS ‘Compass People’.
- Contribute to monthly reporting on HR Key Performance Indicators, (KPI’s) ensuring that deadlines are met, trends analysed and recommendations made.
Skills, qualifications and/or experience required:
- Degree qualified and / or relevant HR qualification.
- A knowledge of social care regulatory requirements would be advantageous.
- Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of regulatory framework, employment law and best practice.
- Fully IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Email, Word, Excel) and fully conversant with the internet
- Attention to detail
- Good written English, basic numeracy, together with good general education are required.
- Ability to compose clear, accurate and concise documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including telephone skills)
- Team player, able to work well with others and supportive of company objectives
- Personal leadership, self-awareness, self-confidence, self-motivation, ability to take initiative and ability to cope with high workloads and competing priorities.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, group life assurance on successful completion of probation, annual health and wellbeing day, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays which increases with service up to 28 days plus an additional a day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.