We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, friendly and supportive IT Developer to join our busy team, building, enhancing and supporting browser-based software and backend solutions.
The role will provide development capability to ensure the smooth running and operation of the services delivered by the software team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be:
- Engaging with business stakeholders, functions, and the wider Technology team to understand business requirements and design solutions which, in turn help to improve performance, efficiency, or quality.
- Writing solid, scalable, maintainable, and testable code with MS SQL, C #.NET and .NET Core.
- Producing accurate estimates for change requests and project deliverables.
- Participating in Daily Stand ups and other Scrum ceremonies as required.
- Defining test requirements, writing test scripts, and carrying out testing.
- Providing 3rd line support to the Service Desk as necessary.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Software Development Manager.
Experience and Abilities:
You should also have experience in a similar role or be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge with an enthusiasm for technology and coding. You should be able to analyse and solve technical problems and have good communication and people skills with a focus on customer service.
You must have
- Strong experience in MS SQL, C #.NET and .NET Core.
- Experience of using Microsoft Azure to build and deploy web applications.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- An understanding of using version control (e.g. GIT) and branching strategies.
- Prior use of Microsoft PowerBI is desirable.
- Familiarity with CI/CD or TDD tools is also desirable.