- Assist the helpdesk to resolve 1st and 2nd line support tickets.
- Assist in setting up staff and education computers, phones and networking equipment for new sites and acquisitions where required
- When not on site, assist the helpdesk with telephone and remote support to our users
- Be available to travel to site in the event that faults cannot be resolved remotely
- To provide remote and on site network support and maintenance
- Assist the helpdesk with user administration tasks on Compass’s IT Systems.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the IT Service manager and Head of Group IT
Experience and Abilities
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable, though training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Be able to work with staff at all levels
- Be able to work under your own initiative and prioritise work accordingly
- Ability to analyse and solve technical problems
- Good communication and people skills with a focus on customer service
- Experience and understanding of Helpdesk Ticket systems
- A good understanding of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- A basic understanding of Active Directory and Windows Domain based networks
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office and other commonly used software applications
- An excellent understanding of computer networking, LAN’s, VLANs, Subnets etc.
- A networking qualification (CompTIA N+, CCENT, CCNA) is desirable, otherwise willingness to study and attain one or more of these qualifications is essential.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.