|Salary:||Up to £42,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 per week.|
|Closing Date:||4th Jan 2019|
Fostering Operations Manager
Compass Fostering deliver professional, respectful and forward-thinking fostering services for children, carer families and local authorities, throughout most of England & Wales. As well as the children, Compass strives to look after you. We will supply excellent support and professional supervision as well as regular training opportunities and the chance to undertake further qualifications. We are committed to staff retention, development and equality.
• Discounts, deals an offers through Perkbox
• Day of Birthday as an additional day leave
• Attendance at bi-annual conference with industry leading speakers
• Clear progression through to management roles
• Staff & carer recommendation bonus
• Wide range of training courses
• Mentoring by Senior Managers
• A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised work qualification)
• 3 years’ post qualified social work along with some at supervisory/management level
• Good understanding and knowledge of fostering standards and regulations
• Full current driving license and commitment to travel to other offices
The Fostering Operations Manager will be joining an established group of managers and will be responsible for supporting and leading an experienced team of Supervising Social Workers, including line management responsibilities, training and development. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing region, offering operational excellence and financial performance.
You will work within Compass to provide support and training to foster carers, ensuring the service to children and young people is safe, high quality and child focused.
It will be essential for you to ensure service delivery complies with Compass Fostering Policy and Procedures and to develop and strengthen customer relationships with key LA customers.
You will be linked to our Cardiff office.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to references, enhanced DBS and screening.