Reports To:Foster Carer Recruitment Manager
|Location:||Rustington or Loughborough (Dependent on applicant)|
|Salary:||£42,000 – £45,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 per week.|
Please note that it is essential for this role that you are currently or have worked as a qualified social worker
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Responsible for leading and developing a high performing Panel and Assessment service, offering operational working at all times within Government legislation, regulations and Fostering National Minimum standards and Compass Fostering Policies and Procedures.
• To deliver an efficient, effective and high quality panel and assessment service to stakeholders and external regulators
• To support and manage a service which fulfils the company business objectives and performance targets
• Provide positive and dynamic leadership and management to the Panel and Assessment service, creating a well skilled, trained and motivated team of Panel and Assessment Managers, Advanced Practitioners, Panel members and Assessing Social Workers.
• To oversee and manage the assessment and approval of prospective Foster Carers to ensure that customer need and placement demand is understood, and is effectively translated into the agency’s recruitment and assessment plans
• Responsible for the performance management and on-going development of the regional Panel and Assessment teams influencing their cohesiveness and motivation levels within the regions and offering professional mentoring when required
• Responsible for the functioning of the Panel and Assessment teams across all regions; and the recruitment and training of the Panel and Assessment Managers and Advanced Practitioners in line with service requirement, group policy & procedure
• To ensure that supervision of assessors and quality assurance of all assessments takes place within identified timescales, working alongside regional Panel and Assessments teams.
• Ensure that Foster Carers are recruited, assessed and approved within identified timescales
• To ensure that regional Panel and Assessment teams recruitment of Independent Assessing Social Workers will meet the growing demands of the service in line with group policy & procedure
• To provide advice and guidance to Panel and Assessment Managers / Advanced Practitioners in their management of Independent Assessing Social Workers
• Be responsible for the implementing the Compass Policies and Procedures in respect of the Assessment/Review/Approval of Foster Carers
• To provide advice and guidance to Panel and Assessment Managers and Advanced Practitioners in relation to potential applicants and those within the assessment process
• Responsible for ensuring that supervision and regular contact is offered to the Panel and Assessment Managers
• To provide on-going training to Panel and Assessment Managers /Advanced Practitioners/Assessing Social Workers/Panel Members/Others as required/identified and in line with legislation
• To offer support and guidance for the functioning of the Fostering Panel and the recruitment and development of the Panel Members in line with service requirement, group policy & procedure
• Observe where necessary the Fostering Panel ensuring that the fostering panel functions in a transparent manner with decision making clearly evidenced
• Ensure that all regions have an efficient panel timetable throughout the regions to meet the requirements of the service
• Monitor management information systems to ensure up to date and accurate information is available at all times and that KPIs are achieved
• To be part of the weekly Regional Recruitment Conference call
• To report directly into Foster Carer Recruitment Manager and provide information for the Operational Board as required
• Contribute to monthly Performance and Development Review meetings and / or Senior Leadership Team meeting, working in partnership with the Head of Fostering for each region.
Candidates will hold business, administration and safeguarding skills and knowledge.
This includes attending safeguarding training and working in the provisions of the data protection act.