|Hours:||37.5 per week|
Compass Fostering is an innovative and highly successful national independent fostering agency. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Head of Fostering to join our effective and dynamic Senior Management team to help grow a new region and to develop and grow an existing area.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on putting children and young people at the centre of our service; empowering and enabling them to achieve their potential whilst moving into adulthood.
The agency provides a wide variety of support, training and development opportunities for carers and staff; and all our work is underpinned by our ethos of REACH based on positive psychology framework.
The post holder will be responsible for leading and developing the high quality services provided to children, carers, staff and external stakeholders across the East of England ensuring compliance with fostering and childcare Regulations and Legislation.
You will need to hold a recognised Social Work Qualification and registration with HCPC, with a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience in Social Care within a child care setting (preferably including Fostering Service experience). The successful candidate will hold; or be willing to work towards a suitable management qualification and to hold Registered Manager responsibility for the region.
We are committed to safeguarding. The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicant will be appointed subject to references, enhanced DBS and screening.
Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
1. As Registered Manager, responsible for delivering an efficient, effective and high quality service to stakeholders and external regulators in line with Government childcare legislation, Fostering Regulations and National minimum standards.
2. To lead a service which fulfils the Company business objectives.
3. Provide positive and dynamic Leadership to the Senior Management Team and the Fostering Service Staff, creating a well skilled, trained and motivated workforce.
1. You will oversee the daily operation of the region ensuring that high standards and compliance with legislation is maintained.
2. You will drive business strategy in a forward-thinking and innovative way ensuring that targets/KPI’s are achieved and exceeded in line with the regional business plan.
3. You will have responsibility for the performance management and on-going development of the Operational Management team influencing its cohesiveness and motivation levels within the region and offering professional mentoring when required.
4. You will be charged with forging new and strong relationships with local authorities, commissioning groups and other external and internal stakeholders in the region in order to generate new revenue streams and develop existing ones.
5. Liaise with the PR/Recruitment and Marketing team to create its recruitment strategies in defined geographical regions to increase activity and grow business.
6. Communicate effectively exerting influence with all departments in order that both internal and external relationships are managed to the highest standard of professionalism
7. Worth within and adhere the Annual communication timeline.
8. Demonstrate creativity in presentation and delivery within stakeholder engagement to optimize business opportunities.
9. Using agreed budgets, actively monitor and control performance to achieve value for money across the Region whilst delivering an efficient and effective service.
10. Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the Senior Leadership team.
11. Attend and facilitate monthly Performance and Development Review meetings.
12. Provide information for the Operational Board as required.
13. To influence and maintain positive working relationships with all colleagues to support the development of the region.
1. Lead and monitor all aspects of service delivery to ensure full compliance with safeguarding policies and procedures throughout the service demonstrating a sound knowledge of those within the agency.
2. Complete an annual Regulation 35 report in compliance with fostering regulations.
3. Attendance at the internal agency safeguarding board meeting providing a written report.
4. Attend safeguarding training as offered by the organization.
5. Ensure compliance with the Health and Care Professionals Council to retain job title and registration.
1. To undertake broadly similar duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the manager even where the tasks are not specifically outlined in the job description
2. To be an effective advocate for Compass, promoting a positive image to maintain our high standards and positive reputation
3. To work within the provisions of the Data Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken.
4. The post holder will be expected to competently use electronic systems effectively.
5. The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post. At this level, we would require a Leve 5 Management qualification.
6. The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with all policies within the employee handbook.
7. Ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures, throughout all work within the Company, keeping the manager informed of work in progress and inform the manager immediately of any child protection matter or serious complaint.
8. The nature of the agency business means that tasks and responsibilities are sometimes unpredictable. Staff are therefore expected to work flexibly when the occasion arises.
9. Travel is expected as part of this role including travel to other Compass Community offices.