|Salary:||£22,000 to £25,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
Compass Fostering is a national independent fostering agency with 14 offices across England and Wales. Our Placement Service based in Bolton is seeking to appoint a highly motivated team leader with excellent people management skills and an interest and commitment to working in a child-centred environment.
The applicant will ensure the provision of excellent customer service delivery when dealing with colleagues, foster carers, residential services and local authorities by ensuring that all referrals of children are responded to efficiently, with a strong drive for maximising opportunities for securing safe placements.
On a day to day basis, you will:
• Motivate your team using demonstrable supervisory experience & working on your own initiative
• Provide regular one to one work review sessions with staff and undertake annual appraisals in accordance with agency policy. To ensure staff shortages due to sickness and / or annual leave are managed appropriately to meet the needs of the organisation, liaising with Line Manager on a regular basis to ensure adequate resources. To provide cover in the absence of other staff as appropriate.
• In conjunction with your Line Manager, to take a lead in staff induction / training and support of staff. Co-ordinate and deliver regular guidance/support sessions with appropriate staff to ensure consistency/learning across all offices.
• Ensure all referrals and placements are processed efficiently in liaison with social work personnel and that matching considerations are adhered to as stipulated as per regulatory and business requirements, together with the completion of all relevant paperwork
• Be confident in your abilities to deliver and drive forwards the placements service. Experience of working to targets whilst remaining calm working under high pressure, excellent oral and written communication skills are paramount for this role as is a good understanding of geography.
• Respond professionally and promptly to all referrals received from local authorities who are seeking placements for children for foster care or residential services.
• Liaise with foster carers, social workers, residential services and local authorities regarding referrals and placements.
• Consider cross-regional placements as appropriate – maintaining open communication with other local office placement teams associated to the group.
• Actively promote available foster carers, residential vacancies / services to local authorities – sending out regular availability updates whilst also maintaining active telephone communication, customer relationship development.
• Ensure foster carer profiles are completed and kept up-to-date.
• Liaise with managers about funding levels to be charged for placements.
• Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
• Manage all aspects of data inputting in relation to placement activity i.e. referrals of children, new placements, placement moves and placements ends.
• Undertake regular system audits, chasing missing documentation as appropriate.
• On a daily, weekly and monthly basis provide accurate data and statistics in relation to placements and referrals.
• Provide accurate data as required for tenders, returns, Ofsted datasets etc.,
• Attendance at meetings as directed, both internal and external.
• To be proactive in working towards and beyond the expectations of internal / external inspections.
• Work within deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of the Agency.
• Work within the provisions of the Data Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring all confidential material is stored appropriately.
• Respond sensitively and professionally in supporting and maintaining good relationships with colleagues and all contacts who work in partnership with the agency.
• Be aware of equal opportunities issues and to work positively towards anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practice.
• Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training as provided internally by the company or externally subject to Company approval and as agreed with your Line Manager.
Previous experience of working in a similar sector / environment would be desirable but is not essential. This position may require the post-holder to occasionally work beyond office hours when the demands of the service require it.