|Salary:||Up to £35,000 max (D.O.E)||Reports To:||Group Head of HR & LD|
|Hours:||37.5 per week.|
|Closing Date:||25th January 2019|
Learning and Development Manager
Compass Community is looking to recruit a full time Learning & Development Manager.
We are looking to appoint a L&D Manager who is driven by high performance, quality and the delivery of an efficient, effective service.
Working closely with the Head of HR and L&D, it is a great opportunity for you to help shape this role and make a difference. You will be required to actively participate in the business growth and support services.
Although you will be expected to work regularly with the team based at our Head office in Loughborough, the role involves countrywide travel and affords reasonable flexibility.
You will preferably have a social work background and/or social care sector knowledge and ideally a training qualification with an understanding of therapeutic models.
You will need to have a firm understanding of business development, managing budgets and always keep a focus on delivering the best quality, cost effective learning opportunities.
Some of the essential duties include;
• With the Head of L&D, develop a progressive and dynamic annual organisational development programme for both foster carers and staff.
• Work with the Head of Residential Services to meet the growth of the children’s homes in providing a robust staff learning programme.
• Lead and manage a small team, develop the service offering and continually review and improve our systems and processes. Create an atmosphere of trust and positivity demonstrated by excellent leadership skills.
• Create and embed overarching quality assurance systems across the L&D service.
• Design and deliver training for differing groups at various levels across the organisation including in-house qualifications.
• Be responsible for selecting and managing training resources, including working with both internal employees and external training providers to develop and deliver training. Ensure the smooth running of the skills to foster training and Induction training for all foster carer applicants across the country, this includes ensuring that the materials are updated and reviewed and delivered in a cost effective and professional manner, meeting the demands of an expanding service.
You would need to share our passion in ensuring that all staff and foster carers have ample opportunities to grow and develop skills to help looked after children achieve the highest possible outcomes and move into adulthood, having the best chance to make meaningful relationships, thrive and develop.