|Salary:||Up to £23,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
Compass Fostering is a national independent fostering agency with 14 offices across England and Wales and 13 children’s homes. Our Placement Service based in Brixton is seeking to appoint a highly motivated person with good inter-personal skills and an interest and commitment to working in a child-centred environment.
The applicant will ensure the provision of excellent customer service delivery when dealing with colleagues, foster carers, residential services and local authorities by ensuring that all referrals of children are responded to efficiently and timely, with a strong drive for maximising opportunities for securing safe placements.
• To manage incoming referrals of children. In most cases this will involve the reading and screening of referral documentation with the ability to identify needs and risks to enable the safe placements of vulnerable children
• In consultation with the duty social worker or residential service manager ensure that each child or young person is carefully matched with a carer or children’s home capable of meeting their needs
• Sending out profiles of carers and Children’s Homes to Local Authorities
• Creating new files/records for new referrals and new placements
• Record matching criteria on child’s file
• Inputting information onto a database and server files
• Weekly and/or monthly reports
• Following up any open referrals
• Liaise with Local Authority customers to promote Compass Fostering and Residential services
• Empathy and understanding is a must alongside an impeccable telephone manner
• Some sales experience would be advantageous although it is not about the hard sell more about professional relationship building
• Experience of utilising IT packages including word, excel and outlook is essential
• Experience in a similar environment is desired although not essential
Previous experience of working in a similar sector / environment would be desirable but is not essential. This position may require the post-holder to occasionally work beyond office hours when the demands of the service require it.
Compass Community is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all post are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.