|Salary:||£16,000 – £18,000|
|Hours:||37.5 per week|
Main Purpose of Job:
To support the activities associated with the promotion and recruitment of quality foster carers to care for looked after children and young people. To work alongside the Recruitment Manager, Lead Recruitment Officers and the regional teams to ensure all enquiries are dealt with efficiently and effectively so there is a continuous supply of suitable foster carer applicants.
- To act as the central point of contact for prospective foster carers, providing high levels of customer service and a positive experience of Compass Fostering.
- Respond to enquiries within specified timeframes and contacting by phone/text/email where appropriate.
- To be flexible on working hours in order to be able to respond to applicants at different times of the day.
- To maximize on all enquiries received in order to generate an Initial Visit with the applicant.
- To follow the process through from a positive initial visit with an applicant through to panel including sending out the necessary paperwork, chasing paperwork to ensure all documentation is received before panel.
- To liaise with the applicant throughout the assessment process to ensure a smooth process for them.
- To continue with post panel communication for retention purposes.
- To be familiar with the Compass Fostering Recruitment strategy and Policy and the ‘Healthy Carer Principle’.
- Revisit closed enquiries and those applicants that have withdrawn from an initial visit.
- To maintain and update independent Social Workers details for allocation of initial visits.
- Liaise with regional Panel and Assessment Managers for in-house social worker availability.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance of FosterTrack recording and updating all new enquiries.
- Prepare documents and reports on regions activities each week and month end with regard to the carer pipeline and outstanding paper work required for panel.
- Provide accurate information/weekly feedback/reports to give an overview of enquiries/initial visits generated.
- Attendance and active contribution at meetings as required.
- Be the custodian of any new carer referral reward schemes that may be introduced.
Candidates must have
Sales experience or working in a customer service environment.
Proven experience of being able to multi task and work to tight deadlines.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Be familiar with recording information digitally.
Candidates should ideally have
A good knowledge of Fostering.
Experience in a similar role.
Be able to demonstrate they can work in a fast paced environment.
Candidates will receive full on-site training