|Salary:||£28,000 – £30,000 (inc. £100 per month car allowance) (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 per week|
Compass Fostering is a national independent fostering agency with 14 offices and 13 Children’s Homes across England and Wales. We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated Regional Placements Manager, based in our Loughborough Office, who will have management responsibility for placement teams in the North, Midlands and Wales areas.
The role will involve regular contact with both internal and external stakeholders across a large geographical area. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and deliver the provision of excellent customer service with an aptitude for recognising commercial opportunities combined with a strong drive for maximising opportunities for securing safe placements.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service. An awareness and experience of working within a Social Care setting is highly desirable as is an awareness of and compliance with equality policy, procedures and legislation.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Have a strong understanding of the overall performance of Compass with regards to placements and performance against a variety of Key Performance Indicators and to support placement growth in line with set targets and business plans.
- Work with Lead Placement Officers and Service Managers of the organisation to ensure the responsive delivery of a high-quality placements service to key stakeholders and maximizing placement options.
- Plan and implement a regular cycle of contact to further develop relationships (internally and externally). Gather intelligence in respect of understanding supply and demand supply in relation to both competitor and customer.
- Maintain regular communication and develop strong relationships with colleagues including Heads of Service and Home Managers to ensure effective transition of referrals to placements.
- Provide statistical information as required in relation to placements activity, monitoring and reviewing performance.
- Work in conjunction with regional Placement Teams to improve practice and procedures in line with company expectations and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure the placement teams are proficient in the co-ordination and upselling of additional services (e.g. Step Down into fostering services, Community Intervention and Assessment Services). Working across the services to identify suitable fostering placements from residential.
- Ability to work on own initiative, aptitude to motivate staff and possess strong line management experience, especially when working across multiple offices and locations
- Effectively contribute to and deliver against the organisational business plan
Previous experience of working in a similar sector / environment would be desirable but is not essential. This position may require the post-holder to occasionally work beyond office hours when the demands of the service require it.