|Job title:||Operations Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive, dependent upon experience|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
The Fostering Operations Manager will be joining an established group of managers and will be responsible for supporting and leading an experienced team of Supervising Social Workers. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing region offering operational excellence and financial performance.
As a social work manager, you will work within Compass Fostering, which provides support and training to foster carers, ensuring the service to children and young people is safe, high quality and child focused.
This is a developmental post in which the Operations Manager will assist with the growth of the Compass Central region.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide day to day operational support to the team of Supervising Social Workers, including line management responsibilities, training and development of staff.
- Provide positive and dynamic Leadership and Management to the Fostering Service Team, creating a well skilled, trained and motivated workforce .
- To support the Head of Fostering in ensuring the implementation of Fostering Service Regulations 2011, the National Minimum Standards 2013.
- To ensure service delivery complies with Compass Fostering Policy and Procedures
- Safeguarding of children and young people in placement, including support to the Registered Manager within the monitoring of Schedule 6/7 matters and when appropriate, to have delegated responsibility for liaising with Ofsted on these matters
- To develop and strengthen customer relationships with key LA customers
- To work as a part of a Regional Management team and to contribute to the shaping and to the success of the organisation
- To maintain good communication with the agencies other offices and participate in regional events as required
- Effectively contribute to and deliver against the organisational business plan
Essential Requirements of the role:
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised work qualification)
- 3 years’ post qualified social work along with some at supervisory/management level
- Good understanding and knowledge of fostering standards and regulations
- Full current driving license and commitment to travel to other offices
In return, we offer great working conditions, discounts and benefits with Perkbox, access to IT and admin support, regular supervision and training opportunities. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and will require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that Compass reserves the right to close the social work manager vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.