|Salary:||Up to £36,750 Pro rata|
|Hours:||37.5 per week.|
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
In this role you will support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards together with the Inspecting Body. You will represent Compass Fostering Vision and Values, whilst developing and providing a comprehensive and flexible panel & assessment service to all stakeholders.
• Support in the recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers
• To deliver a quality assessment service to our Agency
• Contribute to the growth & development of the business
• Lead on identified projects and developments for the panel and assessment service
SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE ASSESSMENT PANEL SERVICE
1. Recruit, assess, and monitor the continued suitability and competence of our Assessing Social Workers
2. Ensure that Assessors fully understand the fostering task and fostering competencies to be achieved.
3. Provide and record regular supervision to assessing Social Workers in line with the Agency’s operational standards and undertake such additional support and contact with Assessors as required.
4. Undertake quality assurance role with regard to foster carer assessments ensuring high standards are met at all times in preparation for presentation to the fostering panel
5. Assist in the delivery of training for Foster panel members, IRO’s and Assessing Social Workers
6. Undertake joint work with colleagues in the role of coach/mentor as a part of their learning and development
7. Deputise for the Panel & Assessment Manager (as required)
8. Attend regional meetings as requested e.g. team meetings, PDR meetings
9. Undertake initial visits and carer aassessments as part of your caseload as required by the business
10. Out of Hours duty system on a rota basis.
11. In conjunction with Panel Administrator monitor panel timetables ensuring that these are efficient and meet the requirements of the service
12. Lead on specific development areas, e.g. panel & assessment practice development, new initiatives as agreed with the Head of Fostering
13. To undertake Skills to Foster training alongside a designated Foster Carer or staff members.
1. Represent the agency/support colleagues in attendance at safeguarding meetings as required
2. Working in conjunction with the HR department to ensure safe recruitment of independent assessors and panel members
3. Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures and attend safeguarding training as offered by the organization
4. If required, complete paperwork and procedures in relation to significant Incidents and Notifiable Events within company timescales
5. Ensure compliance with the Health and Care Professionals Council to retain job title and registration
6. Attend social and consultation activities relating to the support of children, young people and Foster Carers
7. In consultation with line manager, ensure that learning and professional development needs are met.
1. Provide a contribution to or compliance with the Regional Business plan for placement growth, recruitment and retention of carers
2. Promote the benefits of the Compass Community in all stakeholder meetings, representing the organization and range of services that we offer at all times
3. To develop and maintain positive working relationships with all colleagues to support the development of the region
1. Take responsibility for administration in relation to the assessment and panel tasks.
2. To meet regularly with the panel administrator on a face to face basis to ensure up to date accurate information is maintained on the database.
3. Undertake personal responsibility to ensure you are trained and competent with the company’s system and database.
1. To undertake broadly similar duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the manager even where the tasks are not specifically outlined in the job description
2. To be an effective advocate for Compass, promoting a positive image to maintain our high standards and positive reputation
3. To work within the provisions of the Data Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken.
4. The post holder will be expected to competently use electronic systems effectively
5. The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post
6. The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with all policies within the employee handbook.
7. Ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures, throughout all work within the Company, keeping the manager informed of work in progress and inform the manager immediately of any child protection matter or serious complaint.
8. The nature of the agency business means that tasks and responsibilities are sometimes unpredictable. Staff are therefore expected to work flexibly when the occasion arises.
9. Travel is expected as part of this role including travel to other Compass Community offices.