|Salary:||Up to £23,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 Hours per week|
Compass Community is an independent child care agency with Foster Care Offices, Children’s Homes and Independent Schools across England and Wales. We pride ourselves on being a large enough to support and small enough to care organisation. We are looking for an enthusiastic and fast-learning individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join our Compass Community Commercial Team. This is a new role, based in Bolton.
Under the direction of the Commercial Director and Group Head of Customer Engagement, to take a supporting role in developing contract and framework activities across our child care services, which will involve receiving and supporting contract and framework opportunities, framework refresh openings, analysis of information.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, liaising frequently with internal and external stakeholders to ensure tender submissions are made on time and to the highest standards. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to meet challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
What we are looking for in a Contracts Officer:
• To have a strong understanding of procurement and commissioning in the public sector and how this works with Independent Child Care Providers.
• The ability to co-ordinate a high volume of contracts and frameworks along with monitoring refresh openings and future opportunities.
• Strong IT and administrative skills, with good attention to detail of data inputting, data collation and analysis.
• Possess creating thinking and writing skills. A strong and persuasive writing style to be able to sell on paper to support with tender writing applications.
• Manage all post bid reviews and post contract awards.
• To manage the busy commercial team inbox, supporting communication with var-ious business department leads.
• Complete tender and opportunity searches via portals.
• Researching new business opportunities/frameworks/projects within the child care sector.
• Develop and maintain a library of tender document templates, liaising with sub-ject matter experts.
If you feel that you fit the criteria above please apply now and we look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Michelle Sloan on 01204 399514.