|Salary:||Up to £46,000 D.O.E|
|Hours:||37.5 per week|
We understand that it’s currently a difficult time for everyone, which is why we are offering a £500 bonus to the successful candidate for this role.
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people?
Are you an enthusiastic Operations Manager looking for a new challenge?
Or maybe an experienced Social Worker with team or line management experience looking for your next career move?
Do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Operations Manager to join our experienced and successful team. You will be joining an established group of Managers responsible for leading an experienced team of Supervising Social Workers who are reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
You will be based at Loughborough however; regional travel is part of the role to support your team across the Central region and some national travel will be required visit other Compass offices. A car and a valid driving license are essential to the role.
Compass Fostering are committed to providing the best support and training to foster carers, ensuring the service to children and young people is safe, high quality and child focused. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing region offering operational excellence, financial performance and contribute to and deliver the organisational business plan. In your role you will:
- Be responsible for providing day to day operational support to the team of Supervising Social Workers, including line management responsibilities, training and development of staff.
- Demonstrate a positive and dynamic Leadership and Management style creating a highly skilled, trained and motivated team.
- Support the Head of Fostering in ensuring the implementation of Fostering Service Regulations 2011, the National Minimum Standards 2013.
- Ensure service delivery complies with Compass Fostering Policy and Procedures and continually strive to improve what we do.
- Safeguard the children and young people in our care, including support to the Registered Manager within the monitoring of Schedule 6/7 matters and when appropriate, to have delegated responsibility for liaising with Ofsted on these matters.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and engagement skills in developing, managing and strengthening the customer relationship with key LA customers.
- Work as a part of a Regional Management team and to contribute to the shaping and to the success of the organisation
- Maintain good communication with the agencies other offices and participate in regional events as required.
- Have a relevant professional qualification in social work, be HCPC (or equivalent) registered and experience working as a post qualified social worker along with some at supervisory / management level.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.