|Salary:||Up to £46,000 D.O.E|
|Hours:||37.5 per week|
We have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Social Work Manager based in our Bradford Office. You will be joining an established group of experienced managers and will be responsible for supporting and leading an experienced team of Supervising Social Workers. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing and growing region offering operational excellence and financial performance.
Compass Fostering is an Independent Fostering Agency. Your role will involve providing support for foster carers as well as ensuring the service to children and young people is safe, high quality and child-focused.
Responsibilities will include
- To provide day to day operational support to the team of Supervising Social Workers, including line management responsibilities, training and development of staff.
- Provide positive and dynamic Leadership and Management to the Fostering Service Team, creating a well skilled, trained and motivated workforce .
- To support the Head of Fostering in ensuring the implementation of Fostering Service Regulations 2011, the National Minimum Standards 2013.
- To ensure service delivery complies with Compass Fostering Policy and Procedures
- Safeguarding of children and young people in placement, including support to the Registered Manager within the monitoring of Schedule 6/7 matters and when appropriate, to have delegated responsibility for liaising with Ofsted on these matters
- To develop and strengthen customer relationships with key LA customers
- To work as a part of a Regional Management team and to contribute to the shaping and to the success of the organisation
- To maintain good communication with the agencies other offices and participate in regional events as required
- Effectively contribute to and deliver against the organisational business plan
Why Work For Compass?
- Discounts, deals an offers through Perkbox
- Day of Birthday as an additional day leave
- Attendance at bi-annual conference with industry leading speakers
- Clear progression through to management roles
- Staff & carer recommendation bonus
- Wide range of training courses
- Mentoring by Senior Managers
We aim to engage staff, increase morale and performance and ultimately retain our staff by offering additional benefits that go beyond the legal requirements. Below are some of the benefits that the organisation sees as enhancing the work experience at Compass
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised work qualification)
- 3 years’ post qualified social work along with some at supervisory/management level
- Good understanding and knowledge of fostering standards and regulations
- Full current driving license and commitment to travel to other offices
We are committed to safeguarding. The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicant will be appointed subject to references, enhanced DBS and screening.