|Salary:||Up to £46,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 Hours per week|
We understand that it sometimes takes a leap of faith to make a change, which is why we will reward you with a £500 bonus to the successful candidate for this role.
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
Are an experienced social work manager looking for a new challenge or social work practitioner who has lead and managed a team looking for career progression?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Operations Manager to join our experienced and successful team who are responsible for leading an experienced team of Supervising Social Workers whom are reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders, you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
Whilst based at our Loughborough office, regional travel is part of the role to support your team and national travel will be required to visit other Compass offices. A car and a valid driving licence are essential to the role.
Compass Fostering are committed to providing the best support and training to foster carers, ensuring the service to children and young people is safe, high quality and child focused. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing region offering operational excellence, financial performance and contribute to and deliver the organisational business plan. In your role you will:
- Contribute to the Fostering Service in delivering the overarching strategic plan for Compass.
- Work with the Head of Fostering in delivering operational excellence, continuous improvement and financial performance of the business whilst safeguarding children and young people.
- Lead, motivate and guide a team of social care practitioners in ensuring that we provide outstanding care and the best possible outcomes for our children and child protection and safeguarding principles are embedded in practice.
- Work within Compass Fostering Policy and legal and regulatory standards and requirements and ensure that the team’s practice is of a consistent high quality, reflective, evidence based, documented and quality assured.
- Achieve regional targets and KPI’s for placement growth and carer recruitment and retention whilst ensuring that the needs of the children and young people and the carers are met when making placements.
- Demonstrate a positive and dynamic leadership and management style, responsible for providing day to day operational support to your team of Supervising Social Workers, creating a highly skilled, trained and motivated team.
- Safeguard the children and young people in our care, including support to the Registered Manager within the monitoring of Schedule 6/7 matters and when appropriate, to have delegated responsibility for liaising with Ofsted on these matters.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and engagement skills in developing, managing and strengthening the customer relationship with key LA customers.
- Have a relevant professional qualification in social work and be Social Care England (or equivalent) registered.
- Offer a competitive salary
- contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox engagement platform and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday!
- A number of opportunities for career development.