|Location:||South & West|
|Hours:||Flexible, Usually Wednesdays|
Compass Fostering are looking to add to their Foster Care Panel. We are looking to recruit Panel Members to attend our meetings in our South and West Regions.
The fostering panel provides independent oversight of the recruitment, assessment and review of foster carer’s and makes reasoned decisions on their suitability to foster.
Applicants should have experience either professionally, personally or both, of the placement of children in adoptive or foster families, or of children being cared for away from their birth family.
We are looking to recruit the following people:
• someone from a medical or health background
• someone from a social work background
• someone from an education background
• someone with recent experience of fostering children.
• someone who has personal experience of being a looked after child.
• someone who has experience in child/adult care.
Good listening and communication skills are essential along with the ability to make an assessment based on the written and oral information presented to the panel in order to discuss and make decisions in a balanced and informed manner.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.