|Location:||4 roles in East Midlands, details below|
|Salary:||Up to £36,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 per week|
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
Do you want to work for a leading and progressive national independent fostering agency? Or perhaps you’re a social worker looking for their next challenge. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We have a brilliant opportunity for 4 knowledgeable and experienced social workers to join our Compass Fostering family in East Midlands. You’ll share our commitment to delivering high quality focussed services for children, young people and support our foster parents to do this too.
Caseloads will be in either
• Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire.
We are part of the Compass community, providing fostering, residential, educational and therapeutic services for the young people in our care.
We are a child centred service, putting the wellbeing of our children and young people at the front and centre of everything we do. Compass adopts a REACH (Resilience, Education, Acceptance, Child-centred and Holistically) approach that is a framework based on resilience theory, attachment theory and aspects of social pedagogy. We believe that this helps us to provide bespoke, consistent and therapeutic care for all the children whilst supporting our staff and foster carers to ensure each individual child has the best possible outcome.
Supervising Social Worker Role Requirements and Responsibilities
You will be a registered social worker seeking to apply and expand your existing skills and knowledge in our child centred organisation.
It is essential that you:
- Have an approach that is reflective and creative when working with our foster carers and young people to inspire them to reach their full potential
- Can manage your own caseload of typically 13 fostering families, giving support and guidance when necessary and help them to develop their skills.
- Committed to provide wrap around support to our foster carers by participating in an out of hours on call service.
- Passionate and want to actively contribute to the growth and development of the Fostering service.
- Have a Diploma in Social Work (DipSW) or equivalent.
- Be Social Work England (SWE) registered.
- Have worked in a fostering related social work role and /or child social care, such as a looked after children’s team.
- Have experience and can demonstrate evidence of identifying the needs of young people.
- Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, childcare law and safeguarding issues.
- Have the ability to make objective professional assessments of children and young people.
- Have access to a car and a valid driving licence.
Travelling for the role is required so you can support your foster carers across East Midlands Travelling times will vary, and you will be expected to travel up to 1.5 hrs in your area. You will work from home but will also be required to attend meetings at other Compass offices.
The benefits of joining Compass Fostering
We are looking for applicants who share our vision and values and who truly believe in the principles of excellent social work and inclusivity.
In return for this, we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- 26 days holiday (including your birthday day), and Bank holidays.
- Excellent opportunities for career development in our growing service.
- Team days out and staff engagement activity days.
- Access to Perkbox, including exclusive perks, freebies and discounts.
- Wellbeing of our staff is vital; you will have access to the Employee Assist Programme.
Our recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be offered a role subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
If you are interested in joining our organisation and would like to request an application pack, please email email@example.com or call 01274 754251.