|Salary:||Up to £36,000 (D.O.E)|
|Hours:||37.5 per week.|
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people?
Are you an enthusiastic social worker looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Supervising Social Worker to join our experienced and successful team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
You will work from home, however, you will be required to travel for the role to support your carers across the East and West Midlands, which will be variable but up to approximately up to an hour and a half each way as well as other Compass offices. A car and a valid driving license are essential to the role.
We are looking for committed social care professionals with a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues who will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service. You will:
• Be involved in recruiting, training and supporting foster carers and promoting the welfare of children placed with Compass Fostering foster carers and managing a caseload of typically 13 – 15 plus an assessment and initial visit.
• Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
• Represent Compass Fostering Vision and Values, whilst developing and providing a comprehensive and flexible social work service to all stakeholders.
• Be required to take part in the out of hours on call service and undertake assessments.
• Have a relevant professional qualification in social work, be HCPC (or equivalent) registered and have substantial experience of foster care practice including the assessment of potential foster carers.
• Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential, as is the ability to make objective professional assessments of children or young people.
• Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.