Are you looking for Supervising Social Worker jobs local to you? Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people? Do you want to work for a progressive, independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate Supervising Social Workers to join our experienced and successful fostering team that are reflective and creative in practice. You will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
Our Social Workers are linked with a local office, but will be required to travel to other areas, therefore; a car is essential to the role.
You will ideally have a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues, and will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service.
In the social worker job role, you will…
- Be involved in training and supporting foster carers. This includes promoting the welfare of children placed with our foster carers. You will managing a caseload of typically 13 – 15 plus an assessment and initial visit.
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Represent Compass Fostering vision and values, and work closely with all stakeholders to provide a comprehensive and flexible social work service.
- Be required to take part in the out of hours on call service and undertake assessments.
- A relevant degree in social work and be registered with Social Work England.
- A substantial experience of foster care practice, including the assessment of potential foster carers.
- A good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues. You will also need the ability to make objective professional assessments of children or young people.
- You must also be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why work for Compass?
We aim to engage staff, increase morale and performance and ultimately retain our staff by offering additional benefits that go beyond the legal requirements. Below are some of the benefits that the organisation sees as enhancing the work experience at Compass.
- Access to discounts and benefits through Perkbox
- Birthday as an additional day leave
- Attendance at bi-annual conference
- Staff recommendation bonus
- Mentoring by Senior Managers
- Win up to £150 in our monthly REACH Awards
Salary: Up to £36,000 (D.O.E) / £39,600 (London Weighted Roles)