Do you want to work for a progressive children’s service with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate qualifications assessor to join our learning and development training team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children, young people in our care and employees reach their full potential by supporting and assessing adult learners to complete relevant Children’s service qualifications such as the CACHE Level 3 and Level 5
We are looking for a committed assessor who would like to work within a children’s service to provide support, guidance to learners whilst assessing the quality of their qualification work. Key duties will include:
- To maintain and promote Compass and awarding body standards, ensuring quality of provision
- Plan assessment visits with candidates from enrolment to completion setting clear milestones
- Plan Mentor meetings with candidates from enrolment to completion
- To be responsible for the timely and effective assessment of candidate/s in the workplace, ensuring necessary planning and feedback is negotiated and recorded, to meet awarding body standards
- To plan with the candidate/s targets and action plans to ensure progress through the NVQ and/or competency qualifications.
- To provide guidance to enable candidates in portfolio building and updating them and informing the IQA and Head of Centre (HoC) if there are any problems
- To assist the candidate in mapping evidence for the competency and knowledge components ensuring advice on validity, authenticity and how their evidence can be integrated into their portfolio.
- To be responsible for monitoring and completing accurate documentation on the candidate/s progress through Compass tracking systems and individual action/assessment plans and submitting these on a weekly and monthly basis to the HoC.
- To provide timely progression and achievement of candidates as well as discuss progression opportunities
- To carry out a review for each candidate in line with Compass procedures and ensure completed units are signed off and submitted for internal verification on a regular basis.
- To attend regular assessor/internal verification meetings and other team meetings to discuss candidate/s performance and progress, the national standards and issues in their implementation.
- To work with the Internal and External Verifier to ensure candidate portfolios satisfy awarding body criteria
- Effectively manage administration, travel, quality assurance, standardisation, assessment and training support to meet the needs of all candidates within an agreed timetable, which may include occasional evening work if required
- To report back to the Head of Centre any problem related to the candidate/s work placements and documentation.
- Represent Compass Community’s Vision and Values, whilst embracing a comprehensive learning ethos to the Compass Community.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attend meetings as required
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and have a willingness to learn the use of our in-house databases.
- Have an ability to work under pressure and priorities your workload whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Assessor Awards / IQA status would be advantageous for this role.
- Experience of working within a Residential or Fostering Children’s Service is required for this role
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.