Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and those that support them?
Are you an enthusiastic Qualified First Aid Trainer looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a progressive children’s service with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join our learning and development training team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive ensure that all of out residential care workers, foster carers and others are fully first aid trained to a ahigh professional and regulatory standard.
You will work across a wide range of offices and venues with travel across regions expected allowing for significant collaborative working.
We are looking for a committed trainer who would like to work within a children’s service offering fostering, residential and education services to children and young people. Key aspects to the role are:
- Develop and maintain First Aid training learning and training resources
- To deliver training to foster cares and employees on First Aid, most notably pediatric First Aid
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with the Government Legislation, Regulations and Standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Represent Compass Fostering Vision and Values, whilst developing and providing a comprehensive learning ethos to the Compass Community.
- Have a willingness to understand and discuss children’s services regulation, child care law and safeguarding issues.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attend meetings as required
- Travel across defined region and outside on occasion
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and have a willingness to learn the use of our in-house databases.
- Have an ability to work under pressure and priorities your workload whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Previous training and facilitation experience is preferred for this role.
- Existing qualifications and accreditation in delivering a wide range of First Aid training is preferred for this role
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications