We are seeking an experienced People Services Team Leader to work as an integral part of a very busy and expanding team. We are a progressive independent agency, providing children’s services centred around residential, fostering, education and therapeutic care with a clear focus on making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
Working collaboratively with the People Services Manager, your team will provide managers with the knowledge, guidance, and support to deliver a great colleague experience. Delivering high quality and consistent People services to both colleagues and managers, you will provide support to the People Services Manager and manage the People Services Operations team on a day to day basis, ensuring that service levels are optimised whilst maintaining professional standards and ensuring that our regulatory and legislative obligations are met.
Experience working in social care or a similar organisation would be advantageous but not essential.
In your role you will:
- Provide expert HR advice, guidance and support to managers on people related matters.
- Manage, prioritise and co-ordinate the day to day workloads including resource planning and cyclical activities and delivery of projects.
- Through the team ensure that we provide efficient and accurate administration of the Employee Life Cycle for colleagues, managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Act as the first point of contact for escalation for transactions and queries that need further input or resolution.
- Support the People Services Manager in the collation and analysis of data as part of monthly Operations Board reporting.
- Optimise our HRIS to produce meaningful management information and maintain accurate colleague records.
- With a key eye for detail, complete and action internal audits ensuring that work is being completed in line with our internal processes and legislation.
- Prepare and deliver training materials to the People Services team, managers and colleagues when required.
- Monitor, review, and update HR policies, ensuring alignment with our legal and regulatory obligations and our organisational aspirations.
- Resolve problems or shortfalls in service delivery quickly. Identify the reason for the shortfall in delivery and look to put immediate plans in place to resolve.
- Represent the HR service as part of organisational projects.
Skills, qualifications and/or experience required:
- Degree qualified and / or relevant HR qualification.
- Having proven experience in a similar role and organisation
- Hands-on experience of optimising HR databases.
- A knowledge of social care regulatory requirements would be advantageous.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to prioritise and multitask on order to deliver excellent customer service.
- Great communication skills and able to influence diplomatically and effectively at different levels.
- Analytical skills to solve problems and identifying improvements to ways of working and policy and process.
- Advanced coaching skills helping managers to manage the task rather than doing the task for them.
- Excellent listening skills so that your customers feel they have really been heard and understood.
- Ability to share your knowledge, learning from others and asking when you are unsure.
- Build excellent relationships around HR and the whole organisation and work collaboratively with others to solve issues.
- Work well under pressure when there is a lot on maintaining a key eye for detail.
- Being pragmatic, resilient and motivated to do the right thing at the right time and improve overall quality.
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, group life assurance on successful completion of probation, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.