The applicant will be responsible for delivering a 1st class customer service when dealing with foster carers, residential services and local authorities by ensuring that all referrals of children are responded to efficiently and timely, with a strong drive for maximising opportunities for securing safe placements.
- As a member of the Placement Service, you will manage incoming referrals of children. In most cases this will involve the reading, dissecting, obtaining additional information and screening of child information with the ability to quickly identify needs and risks to enable the safe placements of vulnerable children.
- Discussions with various professionals to ensure that each child is carefully matched with a carer or children’s home capable of meeting their needs.
- Proactively marketing vacancies, additional services and seeking out new business opportunities and generating leads.
- Developing relationships with customers, staff and foster carers – combined with an ability to influence decision making.
- Financial negotiations with commissioning teams.
- I.T./ data inputting, diary management and general administration.
- Confident, organised and motivated with a desire to succeed and make a positive difference to a child’s life. Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude whilst having the ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment with a high and manageable workload
- Empathy and understanding is a must alongside an impeccable telephone manner
- Some sales experience would be advantageous although it is not about the hard sell more about professional relationship building – promoting Compass as an agency of choice and maximising opportunities
- Ability to work to Key Performance Indicators in order to monitor developments in line with the agency’s vision for maximising growth opportunities
- Good all-round administration, I.T. and data inputting skills is essential
- Experience in a similar environment or within recruitment / sales is desired although not essential
This position may require the post-holder to occasionally work beyond office hours when the demands of the service require it.