We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, friendly and supportive purchase ledger assistant to join our Finance team in Syston.
The role will support the finance team for the whole of the Compass Community group through the timely and accurate processing of purchase ledger invoices, employee expenses and supplier statements.
- Accounts Payable processing including;
- processing supplier invoices in the correct group company,
- ensuring accurate ledger coding,
- ensuring invoices are authorised & paid in accordance with group policies,
- ensuring regular supplier statement reconciliations are performed and supplier queries are dealt with efficiently
- Follow up with suppliers paid by Direct Debit to ensure copy invoices are obtained and processed
- Supplier pay runs twice monthly, including sending of remittances
- Employee expense processing
Experience and Abilities:
The role requires previous experience of working within a finance team environment or similar role, along with experience of processing high volumes of purchase invoices. Experience of other finance functions (Bank reconciliations or Sales Ledger) is a bonus.
Individuals that will be considered for role must be organised and be able to communicate effectively, both internally & externally. You should be able to work as part of a team, whilst also using your initiative and raising any concerns or issues to the relevant person
Experience with Sage 50 accounts would also be desirable as well as high competency with MS Excel.