Full Job Description
We’re looking for a resilient, dedicated individual with a passion for making a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and their families.
Compass Fostering are hiring a Registered Manager to work in one of our specialist Residential Family Assessment Centres in Hull.
As Registered Manager, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the centre. With your wealth of relevant experience and outstanding people management skills, you’ll lead your team in a way that reflects Compass’ child-centred approach, demonstrating our ongoing commitment to delivering the highest standards of care and helping to transforming the lives of our children and families.
You will use your expertise and knowledge of relevant regulations and minimum standards to ensure our centre continues to work in line with regulatory compliance. You’ll also hold the Ofsted registration for the unit, and will be responsible for overseeing the coordination, progression, quality assurance and completion of all parenting capacity assessments that take place at the centre.
The successful candidate will have a salary confirmed depending on their relevant experience.
- Recognise, address, and respond to any safeguarding issues in line with agency and local authority policy procedures
- Carry out and oversee family assessment needs and risk to children, with attention to parenting capacity and ability for progression
- Provide case and reflective supervision to Deputy Social Workers and any other team members as required
- General staffing management, ensuring there is sufficient staff cover and worker family ratio for each shift
- Liaise with referring local authorities to determine suitability of families for the unit, as well as consulting with local authorities in the development of Family Placement Plans
- Chair meetings as required
- Oversee the gathering of information and ensure that direct observations and observations completed via CCTV are conducted within the agency policy and procedure
- Monitor and spot check the quality of daily recordings being completed by staff
- Overall responsibility that staff adhere to agency policy and procedure
Why Work for Compass?
- Career Development – We offer many career paths, recognising hard work & supporting you into senior roles.
- Competitive Salary – using structured pay grades based on your training and experience.
- Wellbeing – Access to therapeutic wellbeing sessions with our Therapeutic Services team.
- Bonuses – receive £200 service award on your two-year anniversary, plus up to £500 special recognition service for outstanding practice.
- Discounts & Awards – Access to hundreds of discounts and benefits through Perkbox, as well as the chance to win up to £150 in vouchers every month from our REACH Awards.
- Life Assurance Scheme – 3 x annual salary after successful completion of your probation review.
- Increased Holiday – 27 days of annual leave (including birthday and wellbeing day) increasing gradually to 30 hours after 4 years’ service.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Relevant Social Work Qualification and registration with Social Work England
- Minimum of 3+ years management experience working with children and families in a safeguarding/family centre setting
- Experience completing parenting capacity and holistic whole family assessments
- In-depth knowledge of safeguarding, assessment, and risk management, with established experience of completing parenting capacity and holistic whole family assessments
- In-depth understanding of Residential Family Centres Regulations and Residential Family Centres National Minimum Standards
- Effective leadership skills, with experience of partnership working with families and external agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively in complex or challenging situations with families
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, or a willingness to work towards achieving this qualification (preferred, but not required).
- Experience of Parenting Assessment Manual (PAM’s) approach for assessing parents with disabilities (preferred, but not required).
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.