Under the direction of the Commercial Director, and within a supported framework, to take ownership of the commercial activities within the organization. This includes ensuring appropriate pricing is in place for frameworks and any bespoke packages, being a business partner for the operational leads to support them to make informed decisions and deliver against targets and to deliver business growth.
The role currently includes direct line management for a team of 2 commercial and data analysts who will support in these tasks.
The post holder will work as part of the Compass Commercial Team covering all child care services (Foster Care, Residential and Education).
To be successful in the role candidates are expected to have strong commercial acumen and business partnering skills as well as excellent analytical skills.
What we are looking for in a Senior Commercial Finance Manager:
- Excellent commercial acumen and analytical skills as well as strong business partnering
- Prepare pricing for all frameworks and contracts and for any new products and ensure these pricing changes are updated and internally communicated
- Prepare prices for bespoke packages based upon specific requirements
- Review, refine and improve the commercial pricing process for both new frameworks and bespoke packages
- Lead an annual review of pricing and fees
- Hold monthly commercial surgeries with all operational leads providing commercial support and coaching
- Support with contract and framework performance reviews
- Support in strategy for potential new areas of growth including creating business plans for new homes and schools
- Support finance team on debt negotiation
- Lead on appropriate projects
If you feel that you fit the criteria above please apply now and we look forward to receiving your application.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.