Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Manager looking for a new challenge or a career move?
Do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Operations Manager to join our experienced and successful team in Thetford. You will be joining an established, dynamic and committed Team, leading & managing a small team of experienced Social Workers who are reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
You will be based at our Thetford office; however, regional travel is part of the role to support your team across The East of England and some national travel will be required for meetings at Head Office (Leicester) or visits to other Compass offices. A car and a valid driving license are essential to the role.
Compass Fostering are committed to providing the best support and training to foster carers and staff, ensuring the service to children and young people is safe, high quality and child focused. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing region offering operational excellence, financial performance and contribute to and deliver the organisational business plan and Regional Development Plan. In your role you will:
- Be responsible for providing day to day operational Management and support to the Social Work team, including line management responsibilities, training and development of staff.
- Demonstrate a positive and dynamic Leadership and Management style creating a highly skilled, trained and motivated team.
- Support the Senior Head of Fostering in ensuring that the service is provided in line with Regulatory requirements, Guidance, and best practice.
- Ensure service delivery complies with Compass Fostering Policy and Procedures and meets key performance indicators.
- Assist the Senior Head of Fostering in ensuring that communication and decision making is effectively cascaded, monitored and reviewed to drive business and practice growth
- Assisting the Senior Head of Fostering in ensuring Quality Assurance Framework is adhered to and culture committed to continuous improvement is embedded.
- Alongside the Senior Head of Fostering, have overarching responsibility for Safeguard children and young people in our care, including support to the Senior Head of Fostering with the monitoring of Significant Incidents and matters to be notified, delegated responsibility for liaising with the Regulator on these matters.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and engagement skills in developing, managing and strengthening the customer relationship with key LA customers.
- Work as a part of a Regional Management team, contribute to the shaping and success of the organisation, including Chairing meetings and producing written reports
- Maintain good communication with the agencies other offices and participate in regional events as required.
- Have a relevant professional qualification in social work, be SCW registered and experience working as a post qualified social worker with substantial line management/management experience (preferably within a fostering setting).
We are looking for applicants who possess a real drive and share our vision, in return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday! As well as opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.