Compass Community is a national children’s services provider, looking after around 1,700 children and young people across our Fostering, Residential and Education Services. We provide child-centred services that make a life-long difference to vulnerable children’s lives.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to join our fast growing Development Team. You will need to have previous experience of software development and running software development projects, as well as managing or supervising a small team. As part of the role you will have an good working knowledge of .Net Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.Net, C#, Azure.
This exciting role allows you to work with modern technologies for a national, growth-minded children’s services organisation. Your role will be key in making positive change and improving outcomes for children and young people across the UK.
- To work with and assist the business in designing and building new bespoke software applications, and maintaining existing applications
- Manage a small team of permanent and contract developers, including mentoring, supervision, and appraisals
- Liaise with project stakeholders within business to design specifications for new software applications
- Work with the training team to roll out new functionality and projects to the business.
- Report to the Group Head of IT on project progress on a monthly basis
You must have
- Relevant work experience
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to duties, as the range of tasks can be varied
- Strong foundation knowledge of .Net Framework, Web Forms Experience, .Net Core Exposure, SQL Azure, PowerBI, and MS Office
- Previous experience of managing / overseeing software projects
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Time management, problem solving and planning skills
What we can offer you
- Access to discounts, deals an offers through Perkbox
- Win up to £150pm in our monthly REACH awards
- Staff retention budgets for team days out
- Additional day’s leave for your birthday + wellbeing
- Flexible working patterns, on agreement with Line Manager
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.