Compass Community is a national children’s services provider looking after around 1,700 children and young people across our Fostering, Residential and Education Services. We provide child-centred services that make a lasting difference to vulnerable children’s lives.
We are looking for an experienced Social Care Recruiter to join our expanding marketing team. The role will involve resourcing candidates for our senior and management roles, across Fostering, Residential and Schools.
We need you to build effective sourcing and attraction, with an ability to manage applicant’s expectations through a deep understanding of the opportunities within Compass – with an impetus on talent finding and development.
You will also need to understand how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to profile people, gauging chemistry of candidates for fit and understand their motivation rather than just selling a role.
You will need to be a very strong communicator in dealing with both candidates and the wider Marketing and Recruitment teams and build strong links with existing managers within the business.
- Sourcing of Managers and Senior Managers across our residential homes.
- Sourcing of Social Work staff and Managers.
- Sourcing of any other key senior roles within the organisation.
- Working with the marketing team in building specific strategies for more senior role.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their recruitment requirements and develop rapport.
- Networking – attendance at job fairs, industry events.
- Competitor analysis.
- 3 years’ experience in recruiter role (ideally within the Social Care or Education sectors).
- Extremely confident personality with ability to challenge where necessary.
- Good knowledge of social media and job platforms (particularly LinkedIn).
What we can offer you
- Access to discounts, deals and offers through Perkbox.
- Win up to £150pm in our monthly REACH awards.
- Quarterly team days out.
- Additional days leave for your birthday.
- Clear progression through to management roles.
- Flexbile working patterns, with the ability to work from home several days per week.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.