Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Supervising Social Worker to take on caseloads in South Wales. You will largely work from home/in the community, with up to 1 day in the Cardiff office per week.
Compass Fostering is a part of our wider Compass Community, providing fostering, residential, educational, and therapeutic services for the young people in our care.
We are a child centred service, putting the wellbeing of our children and young people at the front and centre of everything we do.
Our REACH approach underpins everything that we do; it’s a framework based on resilience theory, attachment theory and aspects of social pedagogy. We believe that REACH helps us to provide bespoke, consistent, and therapeutic care for all our children, ensuring they have the best possible outcome.
Work join Compass Fostering Wales?
- Low case loads to allow you to provide the best-in-class support to your foster families.
- 26 days holiday (including your birthday) plus bank holidays.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression in our growing service.
- Team days out and staff engagement activity days.
- Access to Perkbox, including exclusive perks, freebies and discounts.
- Staff and carer recommendation bonuses.
- Wellbeing of our staff is vital; you will have access to the Employee Assist Programme.
It is essential that you
- Have access to a car and a valid driving licence.
- Have a Diploma in Social Work (DipSW) or equivalent.
- Be a registered social worker in Wales or open to registered (fee covered by Compass).
- Can manage your own small caseload, giving support and guidance when necessary and help them to develop their skills.
- Are committed to provide wrap around support to our foster carers by participating in an out-of-hours on call service.
- Have worked in a fostering related social work role and /or child social care, such as a looked after children’s team.
You will ideally
- Have an approach that is reflective and creative when working with our foster carers and young people to inspire them to reach their full potential.
- Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, childcare law and safeguarding issues.
- Can make objective professional assessments of children and young people.
- Have experience and can demonstrate evidence of identifying the needs of young people.
- Want to actively contribute to the growth and development of the Fostering service.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good IT skills
- Speak Welsh, though not essential
The safety of our children, carers and staff is our priority. Compass are following the most recent COVID government guidelines carefully and keeping the wellbeing of our staff in mind. All interviews will be held digitally and appropriate PPE is provided to all our key workers with risk assessments carried out where necessary.
Our recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be offered a role subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.