Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging Supervising Social Worker, looking for a new challenge, to join our experienced and successful team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders, you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
You will be required to travel for the role to support your foster carers across Birmingham and the surrounding area. Travel times will be variable, and possibly up to approximately an hour and a half each way. You will work from home but will also be required to attend meetings nationally at other Compass offices. A car and a valid driving licence are essential to the role.
The safety of our children, carers and staff is our priority. Compass are following the most recent COVID government guidelines carefully and keeping the wellbeing of our staff in mind. All interviews will be held digitally and appropriate PPE is provided to all our key workers with risk assessments carried out where necessary.
Compass Fostering is a part of our wider Compass Community, providing fostering, residential, educational, and therapeutic services for the young people in our care.
We are a child centred service, putting the wellbeing of our children and young people at the front and centre of everything we do.
Our REACH approach underpins everything that we do; it’s a framework based on resilience theory, attachment theory and aspects of social pedagogy. We believe that REACH helps us to provide bespoke, consistent, and therapeutic care for all our children, ensuring they have the best possible outcome.
Supervising Social Worker Role Requirements and Responsibilities
We are looking for committed social care professionals with a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues who will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service. You will:
- Recruit, support and develop the skills of our foster carers to ensure that we provide outstanding care and the best possible outcomes for our children and young people in our care.
- Provide a comprehensive, flexible and high-quality service to carers, children and young people in our care using legal, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions and to safeguard and protect against harm.
- Manage a caseload of typically 13 – 15 plus an assessment and initial visit and be part of the out of hours on call service.
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with Compass Fostering Policy and legislation, regulations and standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Have a relevant professional qualification in social work and be Social Care England (or equivalent) registered and have substantial experience of foster care practice including the assessment of potential foster carers.
- Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential, as is the ability to make objective professional assessments of children or young people.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and contribute to the growth and continued development of the Fostering service.
We are looking for passionate applicants who share our vision. In return for this, we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, and access to Perkbox engagement platform and employee assistance programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional a day off for your birthday! We also provide a number of opportunities for career development.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.