Compass Community is a national children’s services provider, looking after around 1,700 children and young people across our Fostering, Residential and Education Services. We provide child-centred services that make a lasting and life-long difference to vulnerable children’s lives.
We’re looking for an experienced web developer to join our expanding Marketing Team. The role will involve managing, maintaining and developing our 6 web assets, with the potential of developing a further web presence in the future. At present all websites use WordPress CMS, so full knowledge of this is required.
You will be working closely with the creative team and building pages from briefed wire frames. Speed of working is essential, with the need for landing pages to be turned around from concept to deliverable in a short time frame.
- To manage, maintain and continually develop 6 main web assets, ensuring all remain fresh and current
- Building multiple monthly landing pages directly linked with Digital Marketing strategy
- Management of all web hosting and domain name accounts.
- To ensure all web elements, including plugins, are secure.
- To build all technical elements of the web assets (i.e. form creation, design and management of data)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a web design / development based role.
- Full knowledge of CSS/HTML.
- Full understanding of the workings of WordPress and plugins, with theme development experience.
- Adept at setting up testing platforms and landing pages for CRO purposes
- Excellent design interpretation abilities
- An awareness of cross-browser development
- An awareness of W3C web standards, accessibility and performance and how your work affects these areas
- Knowledge of SEO and how it’s applied to web design
- Hosting configuration and management experience
- Ability to process data from web host to in-house systems
- API integration experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software
- Professional, punctual and polite
- Good time-management and prioritisation skills (the post-holder needs to be able to work across several projects simultaneously)
- Passionate about the digital world
- Committed to continued personal-development
- Receptive to new ideas
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A strong eye for detail
What we can offer you
- Access to discounts, deals an offers through Perkbox
- Win up to £150pm in our monthly REACH awards
- Quarterly team days out
- Additional day leave for your birthday
- Clear progression through to management roles
- Flexbile working patterns, with the ability to work from home
Please upload a copy of your CV and attach a covering letter providing detailed evidence and examples of how you meet the person specification.
Bringing a portfolio/example of your work to interview will be advantageous.